Monday, May 06, 2013

Burton Leaves Robert Downey Jr. "Pinocchio" Project

According to Deadline, Tim Burton is no longer attached to direct a live-action adaptation of Pinocchio starring Robert Downey, Jr. as Geppetto. This is likely because Burton's next directorial project will be Big Eyes, starring Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz.

Downey has said that he might be interested in having Ben Stiller direct the film. Dan Jinks is still attached to produce, and Jane Goldman has written the most recent draft of the script.

2 comments:

Kaitlin Michelle said...

This makes me sad! That would have been good with Downey and Burton. Look forward to Big Eyes though.

deadhearts666 said...

I'm kind of glad, I don't want to see a remake ever again!! I'm tired of all these remakes like Evil Dead. :( This is sad to me. On another unrelated subject. I've been curious, all this time I thought Tim's middle name was William, but now according to Wiki and IMDB, it's now changed to Walter. What is Tim's real middle name? So confused.@_@?