Saturday, May 05, 2012

Burton on "Big Eyes," "Pinocchio," "Beetlejuice" Sequel


Shock Till You Drop recently spoke with Tim Burton. The ever-busy filmmaker was asked about three projects that are either in development or pre-production. Nothing particularly groundbreaking was learned, but it does show that these projects are on Burton's radar:

On the possible Beetlejuice sequel: “Seth [Grahame-Smith] is writing something. I just told him because I liked the character, I just thought I’d have a better response if he has ideas about it to just let him [work on it]." He continued: "I don’t know if I’d ever know a good script if it bit me in the face, but I know what I like."

On an adaptation of Pinocchio that Burton is attached to direct at Warner Bros., from a script by Bryan Fuller, and which might have Robert Downey, Jr. in the lead: "I’m very busy aren’t I? It’s kind of embarrassing. I’ve got three movies [coming out this year]. I’m sick of me already. So, we’ll let these come out, then I’ll go away and you guys can deal with other people."

On Big Eyes, a biographical film about artists Margaret and Walter Keane starring Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Reynolds that Burton is producing, and is currently in pre-production: "Oh, I don’t know. There are a lot of projects in the works, but as you can see when something is 10 years in the making, you’re never quite sure when it’s happening."

No comments: