Friday, February 03, 2012

Goldman on "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children"


Screenwriter Jane Goldman recently spoke with Ology.com. In the interview, Goldman talked several of her possible future projects, including an adaptation of the book Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, which might be directed by Tim Burton.

Can you tell me more about these other projects?

What I'm working on at the moment is an adaptation of the book Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and that's with Fox. It's very exciting, Tim Burton is overseeing the job which is massively exciting. I'm really excited about the source material. It's a quirky story with some scary elements and some funny elements. I'm having a really good time with it right now. And the other one is this sort of science fiction movie which is based on a new comic book that I absolutely fell in love with. Science fiction is another genre that I love so the year is shaping up to be a really good year.

What's your dream cast for Miss Peregrine's?

Gosh, I don't know, a lot of the cast is very young. I always try to not think about casting because you might end up disappointed. You don't want to get too attached to an idea because it's kind of up to the director. I have to say that I've loved the casting on everything I've worked on. I haven't really thought about the cast for Peregrine, but if Mr. Burton decides to sign on in directing his casting choices are always perfect.

No comments: