Friday, March 18, 2011

Video: Eva Green on "Dark Shadows"

Eva Green spoke with MTV News, giving us her thoughts on Tim Burton's upcoming adaptation of Dark Shadows, which begins shooting next month:



"I haven't seen the TV series, but from what I've seen on the Internet, it's very different. My character is very different. She's American, blonde, cool, in the '70s," Green told MTV News. "She is this sexy witch, very powerful in town, she's very cool. She has many faces." Green will be playing the role of Angelique.

"It's something that he's never done, I think," she said. "It's much more focused on the actors. It could almost be a play."


Green had a bit more to say about the film in an interview with Black Book:

Tell me about Dark Shadows, the Tim Burton film you’re shooting. Has that started yet?
No, in a month.

What can you tell me about that?
I’m not allowed to say too much about it. It’s extremely well written, very, very funny, in a Tim Burton way. It’s very focused on the actors, and the characters are really rich. My character is a full-on witch and she’s completely obsessed with Johnny Depp’s character, and she’ll do anything to get him.

Is it going to be a film children can see?
I don’t know, it’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever read. There will be blood, so I don’t know. It’s always dark and poetic with Tim Burton. It’s a mixture of Sweeney Todd and Beetlejuice—back to his old roots. But he wants to focus more on the actors this time and the relationships. It could almost be a play.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow she just made me more excited for this movie!

Jack said...

i saw this on youtube, an old tim burton cartoon called King and the Octupus, you can tell its his, looks like stalk of the clery monster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jo6L9Qzpp0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn6S_jfbgVI&feature=related

Jack said...

Aaaaaand, Tim Burton's Aladdin and his Wondeful Lamp is in full version on youtube, pretty interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Kbu7lhtvw

deadhearts666 said...

Nice. ^,..,^