Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No Reznor for "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"


On March 7th, Trent Reznor confirmed on the official Nine Inch Nails forum that he would be involved with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter as both the composer of the film's musical score and by playing a small role onscreen.

Reznor wrote: “I was very familiar with the book [by Seth Grahame-Smith], read the script, and it felt like an interesting challenge as a composer… The idea was a cameo-esque role that would be kept under wraps and be a surprise around opening night… So… do me a favor and act surprised, OK?”

But just three days later, Reznor provided his fans with an update, says Crawdaddy! Magazine. Reznor wrote that he will actually not be involved with the film, as he is busy with other projects:

“Don’t believe everything you read… There’s no juicy story here, it’s just that when the news mysteriously leaked out about my involvement I hadn’t made up my mind completely, because various aspects of the project were changing. I felt the need to say something earlier this week because my inbox was filling up with speculation, and at that moment I thought I would be doing it. Confused yet? Apparently I am. Bottom line, I wish them the best with the film, and I’m sure it will still be great.”

At best, Reznor was only in talks to work on the film, and was not officially involved in it.

As of now, we do not know who will score the film.

1 comment:

deadhearts666 said...

Why isn't Danny doing the score??