Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Keaton, Davis Would Like "Beetlejuice" Sequel


Michael Keaton and Geena Davis recently said that if the opportunity ever came up, they would gladly take part in a sequel to Beetlejuice.

Keaton said: "Oh I'd do that in a heartbeat - absolutely, that's the one thing I'd love to do again."

He continued: "That's the only one I'd love to do."

Keaton then revealed that in 2005 he spoke to Tim Burton about the possibilities of Beetlejuice 2.



He said: "At one point, I had the conversation with Tim, saying 'I love this movie so much; I think there's one more in there somewhere.' And we both talked about it, and I think there was a script written once years ago that wasn't quite it. I would consider that, yeah, a lot. I would seriously consider that."

Geena Davis also said last month she would be keen to make a sequel to the movie.

She said: "It's funny, [another journalist] just asked me about a sequel to Beetlejuice - which, though I haven't heard anything about it, might be interesting. I would do that!"

The original Beetlejuice -- Tim Burton's second feature film -- came out in 1988. Wisely, Davis pointed out some technicalities that would exist with doing a sequel more than twenty years later.



Geena said: "Thing is, do ghosts age? Wouldn't we be stuck in the age we were? Alec [Baldwin] and I would have to look as we did then - who knows, maybe we could? I better get in touch with Tim Burton."

This of course does not mean that there will be a sequel to Beetlejuice -- just that two of its stars are still big enough fans that, if the event ever occurred, they would happily return to their roles.

In the early 1990s, an unproduced sequel for Beetlejuice was considered, but never came to fruition.

6 comments:

Jack said...

ha ha, i think that would be so cool. wow, i would hope they would still use the good ol cheesy effects like they did in the first one. and to hear danny elfman do another beetlejuice score would be phenomenal!
what a crazy mad wonderful idea :)

Unknown said...

omg!!! i love that movie, please, please they have to make the 2nd part

deadhearts666 said...

Wasn't the script Beetlejuice: Goes to Hawaii? That would be interesting. Lol. But I would love to see another Beetlejuice. Let's just hope Tim has enough time to make a good o' classic one like the first. I don't think Tim has ever done a sequel before. I know I would love to see an Alice sequel. I want to see the Mad Hatter with Alice again! I kind of sensed that they liked each other...did any of you?

Anonymous said...

Ever heard of Batman Returns??

Radisco said...

Well, Tim actually directed 2 Batman movies (Batman & Batman Returns), and then he produced the third film Batman Forever. Beetlejuice is such a cult favorite that I'm not too sure you could match up to what the original offered or better yet even surpass it. Overall I'm sure with a great script they would highly consider it.

Anonymous said...

The day hollywood makes a remake of Beetlejuice, I will cry.