Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Matt Lucas Confirms Role



British comedic actor Matt Lucas has confirmed that he will be playing the roles of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum in Alice in Wonderland, and he is "very excited."

"I go out in early October to Los Angeles to film," he said.

"I think a lot of the work is going to be green screen but I've seen some set designs and what the characters are going to look like and they look absolutely extraordinary.

"I pinch myself when I think I'm going to be playing a part in a Disney movie directed by Tim Burton starring Johnny Depp - I can't quite believe it's going to be happening."

Technically, Depp has not been confirmed yet (rumors suggest that he will play the Mad Hatter). But Lucas' enthusiasm is indeed infectious.

You can read more about Lucas' forthcoming projects in this BBC article.

More info to come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well Mr Toad has always been over-confident.
but indeed his joyous smile´s infectious.

Anonymous said...

Matt Lucas is amazing! I love his Little Britain sketches and he is absolutly fabulous! He is perfect to potray Tweedledee and Dumm! Just look at his sketches on youtube such as Mrs. Deveere, Viv (just type "He was gorgeous"), and him as the store owner with Mr. Mann. You will LOVE him!

Anonymous said...

Here is my choice of other actors who should play parts in Alice in Wonderland:

Mad Hatter: Johnny Depp (Obviously)

Cheshire Cat: David Tennant

White Rabbit: Gary Oldman

Catapillar: Eric Idle

*The Duchess: Helena Bonham Carter

The Dodo: John Cleese

Water Mouse: Timothy Spall

*Griphon: Ralph Phines

*Mock Turtle: Rowan Atkinson

March Hare: David Williams

Door Mouse: Deep Roy's voice

Queen of Hearts: Imelda Staunton

King of Hearts: Warwick Davis

*Knave of Hearts: Kenneth Branagh

Flower 1: Joanna Lumly

Flower 2: Dawn French

Flower 3: Jennifer Saunders

* unsure if Tim will use these characters...

Tell me what you think?

Fuzzy Duck said...

^John Cleese would make a wonderful Dodo. I mean, sure, he's in virtually everything; but still, he's in a lot because he's terrific!

It would also be great to hear/see more from the superb British cast from "Corpse Bride," too, such as Joanna Lumley and Jane Horrocks.