Friday, April 11, 2008

"Edward Scissorhands" Ballet Tour Information


In case you missed it before, Matthew Bourne's ballet adaptation of Edward Scissorhands may be coming to a continent near you.

Information on the global tour of the ballet was released on whatsonstage.com. According to the website, the show will return to Sadler's Wells in London for a seven-week season this Christmas.

"As part of a new international tour, the dance drama will run at Sadler’s Wells, where it broke box office records during its first season in late 2005, from 2 December 2008 to 29 November 2009," said whatsonstage.com.

The ballet features music by Terry Davies based on Danny Elfman’s film score.

"Prior to London, Edward Scissorhands will also visit Birmingham, Salford and Wimbledon. And, before and after the UK, it will tour Australia for nine weeks, spend four weeks in Paris and visit Athens and Antwerp."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I really want to see this. I know this sounds cliche, but i would love it if it came to LA(considering im currently located in the horribly over-rated and lame, southern california). I sooooooooooooooooooooo want to see this! GAH!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, is that Antwerp the Antwerp in BELGIUM ?! O__O
If so, I'm sooo gonna go and see it ! <3

I can't believe it... °__°
I thought I'd never get to see it because it would only be touring in England, USA and Australia...

Now, if it isn't the Antwerp in Belgium, well... haha =="